Chris practises primarily in criminal law and related jurisdictions.
Before coming to the Bar, Chris worked as a solicitor at specialist criminal defence firm Chester Metcalfe & Co. As a solicitor he appeared daily in criminal proceedings across Victoria. Chris was also a board member at Youthlaw between 2016 and 2019, and was Secretary of the organisation between 2017 and 2019. He holds a Bachelor of Laws (Hons.) and Bachelor of International Studies from Deakin University. Chris read with Dr Theo Alexander.
Since coming to the Bar, Chris has expanded his practice. He now both prosecutes and defends in criminal and regulatory proceedings, and practises in related jurisdictions. He has recently appeared in:
Criminal Law and Related Jurisdictions
- Supreme Court bail applications, including Re Hassan  VSC 66 and Re LN  VSC 11
- County Court pleas, including DPP v Wild  VCC 195 and DPP v Dwyer  VCC 936
- Appeals to the County Court
- Drug Court
- All stages of summary criminal hearings, including summary contests, pleas, bail applications, contest mentions and summary jurisdiction applications
- Matters in the Criminal Division of the Children’s Court
- VOCAT hearings, including in relation to sexual offences
- Intervention Order proceedings, for Applicants and Respondents
Regulatory Proceedings and Investigations
- Prosecutions and investigations by the Victorian Building Authority
- Investigations by AHPRA and Commercial Passenger Vehicles Victoria